Biomass is the latest renewable solution we have to offer.
Whether it is wood pellet, wood chip or log wood, we at Stratford Energy Solutions have the answer with our partner Austrian based ETA with systems from 7kW up to 200kW and beyond.
As an alternative, and in contrast to a Heat Pump, Biomass boilers produce heating at temperatures similar to traditional fossil fuel boilers but have the advantage of being carbon neutral
The carbon is taken out of the atmosphere while the tree is growing and returns it when it is burned, so with a continuous programme of replanting the new growth takes up the CO2 produced from burning.
How it works
- Pellet suction turbine
- Metering screw
- Stoker screw
- Expansion vessel
- Ash screws
- Detachable ash box
- Hot stainless steel combustion chamber
- Fluid heat exchanger with integrated return temperature riser control
- Heat exchanger with automatic cleaning function
- Induced draught fan
- Flow mixer valve
- Low power circuit pump
- Change-over valve hot water storage tank load
- Flow- heating circuit
- Flow – hot water cylinder
- Return – heating circuit and HWC
- Connection for external combustion air feed
- Intermediate pellet container
- Pellet feed with rotary valve
- Lambda probe
- Patented rotating grate with cleaning rake
Reasons for using wood pellet boilers.
Where a heat pump or other renewable technologies are unsuitable a wood pellet boiler can be an ideal solution for the following reasons:
- Retro-fitted to most existing systems
High temperature heating can be provided in a similar way to a conventional fossil fuel heating system which can be retro-fitted to most existing systems without the need to make major adjustments.
- Very clean with efficiencies of up to 95%.
- Fully automatic
Pellets are stored in tanks/silos similar to oil and fed automatically to the boiler.
- Very little maintenance
The ash bin may need emptying twice a year which can be part of a Stratford Energy Solutions’ maintenance package.
- Cost savings
The cost of wood pellets are typically lower than the fossil fuel being replaced, with greater savings being made from oil, electricity and LPG.
- Reduced fuel price volatility
Oil and gas prices are affected by global political instability whereas pellets are in large supply and fully sustainable resulting in very stable pricing.
- Reduced carbon emissions due to their neutral carbon cycle.
- Improved energy performance ratings for buildings.
Using a pellet boiler can help achieve higher ratings in such schemes as BREEAM and the Code for Sustainable Homes.
Wood Pellet brochures:
ETA Pellet PC 20, 25, 32k, 40, 45 & 50kW
ETA Pellet PE-K 35 to 90kW
ETA Pellet PU 7kW to 15kW
Wood chip & Logs
ETA also manufacture wood chip and log wood boilers. Further information on ETA wood chip and log boilers can be found by downloading the following brochures:
ETA Woodchip HACK 20 to 200kW
ETA Log Wood SH 20 to 60kW