Stratford Energy #stayathome
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement last night & to keep our customers & employees safe we have suspended all installations
Our sales team are remote working so please continue to contact us by clicking here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
#stayathome #staysafe #solutionriseseveryday
Tesla activates “Storm Watch” on Powerwalls
Tesla’s ‘Storm Watch’ was activated for ‘hundreds’ of Powerwall owners who have the Gateway 2 in preparation for Storm Ciara.
Tesla describes the feature:
When a storm or severe weather is on the horizon, increasing the likelihood of a utility power outage, Powerwall triggers Storm Watch. This mode automatically charges Powerwall to maximum capacity so it can provide backup power.
The Tesla app notifies customers that Powerwall has activated Storm Watch. The mode remains active until the weather event ends, at which time the system returns to its previously selected mode. It is possible to disable this mode by going to the Tesla app, selecting ‘Customize’ and then ‘Storm Watch.’”
Tesla decides when to activate Storm Watch and push it to Powerwall owners, but they can opt out of the program if they are not worried about the weather, or the possibility of losing power, and they want their home battery pack to keep cycling like it normally does.
For more information on Tesla Powerwall contact us by clicking here
Tesla Powerwall has 3 key modes
- Increase self-consumption of solar power generation: Powerwall can store surplus solar energy during daylight hours and use that energy later in the evening when the sun is not shining.
- Time of Use/Load shifting: Powerwall can charge during low rate periods when demand for electricity is lower and discharge during more expensive rate periods when electricity demand is higher.
- Back-up power: In the event of a grid outage, Backup Gateway is now available to ensure your Powerwall continues to power your home or select circuits. Backup Gateway will also ensure your Solar PV system continues to generate energy during a power cut.
- 13.5kWh of usable storage
- Up to 5kW continuous Charge\Discharge rate
- Wall or floor mounted
- Thermally managed for optimum efficiency
- Fully weatherproof
- Back up power
- Charge from the grid
For more details contact us by clicking here.
Tesla Powerwalls in stock with large supplies
The market leading Tesla Powerwall storage system is in stock and Tesla have large supply available owing to the opening of a new production line. If you have Solar then this is the energy storage system to add to it or to accompany your new installation.
There are many points to consider when looking at batteries. We have detailed the points we feel make the Tesla Powerwall the market leader:
- 13.5kWh of usable storage & scalable upto 135kWh
- Up to 50kW charge/dis-charge rate
- Battery is thermally managed
- Integral inverter
- Back-up functionality
- Able to charge from the grid to make the best of time of use tariffs
- Can be mounted internally or externally, wall or floor mounted
- Unlimited cycle 10 year warranty
If you would like more information or a quote please click here.
CLARIFICATION REMOVES BARRIER TO BATTERY STORAGE FOR 900,000 SOLAR HOMES
Updated technical guidance by Ofgem has been released, that clarifies the treatment of existing payments for homes that currently export Solar power to the grid and that want to install battery storage and smart meters. The clarification is good news for existing solar homes looking to invest in battery storage alongside a smart meter because it means they will continue to be eligible to keep their ‘deemed’ [estimated] payments for their Solar exports. More information can be found by clicking here
If you are interested in discussing further please do call us 01789 262411.
Tesla Powerwall 2 improved warranty
- 10 year warranty
- 13.5kWh 100% fully usable energy scalable to over 120kWh
- 5kW of Power that is scalable with each Powerwall installed
- Active Temperature Control giving longer life and flexible install position
- Unlimited Cycles for Self Consumption and Time Based Control (Grid Charging)
- 80% energy retention after 10years
- Constant Software updates enhancing the product and sent out to all Powerwalls
- Backup function available as option
- Able to set up as three-phase
Stratford Energy at FullyChargedLive – Silverstone
On the 9th & 10th June come join us at the Electric Vehicle & Renewable Energy event of the year!
Choose from dozens of visitor attractions, 18 live sessions, lots of exciting exhibitors and >50 electric vehicles at Robert Llewellyn’s Fully Charged LIVE, the exhibition of the hit YouTube show (FullyChargedShow.co.uk)
• Grand Opening, Grand Closing: Win a £1,000 in our daily prize draw courtesy of myenergi.
• Ask the Expert: The Renewable Energy Association, Chargemaster, Drive Electric & Hyperion Executive Search are on hand to answer all of your questions.
• Every Electric Vehicle available in the UK: There will be 50+ electric vehicles on-site including the new Nissan Leaf and the hotly-anticipated Jaguar I-PACE.
• An array of the best Renewable Technologies: Whether you want solar or batteries, heat pumps or vehicle-to-grid chargers, it’ll all be on display.
• And a selection of Technologies ‘as seen on screen’: If you’ve seen it on Fully Charged, chances are it will be at the Silverstone Wing for your enjoyment.
• The Hospitality Zone: Food & Drink aplenty will be on offer, as well as interactive entertainment from the Racing Bug for big kids of all ages.
• The Pit Garage & The Paddock: We couldn’t squeeze all of the organic goodness of Fully Charged in the Silverstone Wing , so there’s even more ‘under the hood’.
• Eighteen Live Sessions: A carefully curated series of conversations where the Fully Charged hosts (Robert Llewellyn, Channel 4’s Scrapheap Challenge; Jonny Smith, Channel 5’s Fifth Gear; Helen Czerski, BBC’s Ice and Fire) and expert panellists take on the hottest topics.
This eventbrite page is for VIP invites only, to buy tickets or for further information click here
Solar Power sets new generation record
The UK’s solar capacity set a new generation record earlier this month, almost a year to the day it achieved the same feat in 2017.
Data compiled by PV Live and verified by National Grid show that PV generation peaked at 9.42GW from 11:30 AM on Monday 14 May, edging just past the previous record of 9.37GW set almost a year ago.
These record-setting periods also saw solar provide 25% of the country’s entire demand, the second largest power source at that time of day. Combined with wind (10%) and nuclear (18%), low-carbon sources made up more than half of the UK’s entire energy demand around midday.
And the record caps off what has been a highly productive period for the UK’s renewables fleet. Solar PV has regularly contributed upwards of 25% of the UK’s power supply around the midday peak in recent weeks, and the early May bank holiday spell saw PV become the dominant energy source for a total of six full hours over the weekend.
Far from being an overarching issue for National Grid, the transmission system operator has repeatedly asserted that it has the tools at its disposal to cope with such periods of significant solar generation.
Whether for how or work Solar Power can help reduce costs. Contact us by clicking here for no obligation advice.
Tesla Powerwall 2 selling fast Warwickshire, Midlands & UK
Tesla Powerwall 2s are selling will in 2018 with orders being received daily for installation in Warwickshire, through the Midlands & across the U.K.
The home battery can charge/discharge at 5kWp (subject to local connection requirements) & store 13.5kWh. It has the facility to scale up to 9 Powerwalls on one single installation; 121.5kWh.
We have held stock into 2018 & have new stock arriving in February.
If you are interested in adding Energy Storage to your home then contact us.