The 72kWp on Rugby Town Hall had many challenges. Working with Intrinsic Power we had the following issues to overcome:
- Multiple flat roofs at varying heights
- A building that had listed status
- A plant room with all electrical distribution in the basement
- A very short lead time to meet Government tariff changes
- We chose Perlight 250w all back panels that were mounted on a low profile self ballasted flat roof mounting system from Sunfixings. The inverters needed to be mounted externally on the roof so we chose SMA Tri-Power inverters which offer IP65 protection.
The multiple roofs were linked together using self ballasted cable tray and the whole electrical connection involved running a 35mm Steel Wire Armoured cable down through the building to the basement as we were not allowed to attach to the external walls as well date cables for remote monitoring as well as a public display in the middle of the ground floor.
Add in the fact the installation is in the centre of Rugby Town Centre we had to carefully manage the crane access for lifting the components onto the roof.
From enquiry to commissioning the system was completed in 3 weeks.