Electric car chargepoints to be installed in all future homes in world first
All new-build homes could soon be fitted with an electric car chargepoint, the government has outlined today (15 July 2019) in apublic consultation on changing building regulations in England. The consultation comes alongside a package of announcements to support electric vehicle drivers and improve the experience of charging.
all new-build homes could be fitted with an electric car chargepoint as record levels of ultra-low emission vehicles hit UK roads
England set to be first country to introduce mandatory chargepoints in new homes, cementing position as global leader in race to net zero emissions
government also consulting on ‘smart’ charging, to help allow consumers save money by charging EVs off-peak
Here at Stratford Energy Solutions we offer a number of solutions for developers in the new build market.
Solar, high speed & wireless charging set to revolutionise electric transport
Today (9 July 2019), the government announced it is investing £37 million into British engineering to transform electric chargepoint infrastructure, revolutionising the experience for the record levels of ultra-low emission vehicle drivers onUK roads.
twelve projects set to receive almost £40 million to revolutionise the experience of owning an electric vehicle in theUK
innovations to receive investment include solar-powered forecourts, underground charging systems and electric vehicle wireless charging systems
government aims for these innovations to encourage uptake of electric vehicles – a key aim of the Road to Zero strategy which celebrates one-year anniversary
Stratford Energy at FullyChargedLive – Silverstone
On the 9th & 10th June come join us at the Electric Vehicle & Renewable Energy event of the year!
Choose from dozens of visitor attractions, 18 live sessions, lots of exciting exhibitors and >50 electric vehicles at Robert Llewellyn’s Fully Charged LIVE, the exhibition of the hit YouTube show (FullyChargedShow.co.uk)
• Grand Opening, Grand Closing: Win a £1,000 in our daily prize draw courtesy of myenergi.
• Ask the Expert: The Renewable Energy Association, Chargemaster, Drive Electric & Hyperion Executive Search are on hand to answer all of your questions.
• Every Electric Vehicle available in the UK: There will be 50+ electric vehicles on-site including the new Nissan Leaf and the hotly-anticipated Jaguar I-PACE.
• An array of the best Renewable Technologies: Whether you want solar or batteries, heat pumps or vehicle-to-grid chargers, it’ll all be on display.
• And a selection of Technologies ‘as seen on screen’: If you’ve seen it on Fully Charged, chances are it will be at the Silverstone Wing for your enjoyment.
• The Hospitality Zone: Food & Drink aplenty will be on offer, as well as interactive entertainment from the Racing Bug for big kids of all ages.
• The Pit Garage & The Paddock: We couldn’t squeeze all of the organic goodness of Fully Charged in the Silverstone Wing , so there’s even more ‘under the hood’.
• Eighteen Live Sessions: A carefully curated series of conversations where the Fully Charged hosts (Robert Llewellyn, Channel 4’s Scrapheap Challenge; Jonny Smith, Channel 5’s Fifth Gear; Helen Czerski, BBC’s Ice and Fire) and expert panellists take on the hottest topics.
This eventbrite page is for VIP invites only, to buy tickets or for further information click here
Electric Vehicle Charging for Businesses
Is your business considering installing an Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging infrastructure?
We work with leading manufacturers such as ABB, Alfen, EO Charging, EV-Box, Rolec & Tesla to name a few offering, anything from a simple single 3.68kW charger to a more complicated multi-charger installation with full monitoring & load management.
Did you know, you can also claim a grant of up to £6,000 towards the costs of your charging stations.
Get in touch to find out how we can help call 01789 262411 or click here for a no obligation quote.
Electric Vehicle Charging, Birmingham, Midlands & South West
2017 saw a massive growth in Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging installations for Stratford Energy Solutions with some 500 home ChargePoints installed & large growth in the commercial arena.
Having worked in the market since 2013 we have experience working with leading brands such as Alfen, EO Charging, EV Box, Rolec, Tesla & Zappi. We can provide solutions from one off home ChargePoints to multiple point commercial smart systems. Owing to OLEV accreditation grants of £500 can be claimed for residential charging & upto £6,000 for commercial chargers.
We are centrally based installing throughout the Midlands with projects contracted also in the South West during 2018.
If you are considering installing Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging points for your business & you have a strong corporate image then with our partner Rolec, we have a range of EV charging pedestals and wall units that can be fully customised to incorporate branding – including corporate logos, colour schemes, etc. ChargePoints can be plug & charge, tokens, Chargeonline and also offer smart solutions.
Funding for thousands of electric car charge points unused by councils
OLEV issued a press release 12th January stating Ministers have written to local councils urging them to take up electric car charge-point funding.
Ministers Jesse Norman and Claire Perry have called for local authorities to do more to help reduce carbon emissions and tackle air quality after it emerged just 5 councils in the whole of the UK have taken advantage of an electric car scheme.
Government urges local authorities to take advantage of a £4.5million pot which could help people around the country join the electric car revolution
Also the Electric Vehicle Homecharge & Plug-in Car Grant schemes have been extended to help motorists make the switch to electric.